Planning for the Safety of Minors: Routine and Emergency Situations
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 13, 2016
View the Archived Webinar
We are excited to have Ann H. Franke, president of Wise Results, LLC, for the next free webinar in our series, Campus Public Safety Online.
Ann provides consulting services to colleges and universities through her firm, Wise Results LLC. Her expertise covers risk management, employment, student affairs, and governance. Her clients value her depth of knowledge and practical approach.
In this webinar, Planning for the Safety of Minors, Ann brings attention to an issue that often goes unnoticed. Look around campus and you’ll notice lots of kids. They come without parents, particularly during the summer, to attend camps and academic enrichment programs. Your institution probably runs year-round tutoring, both on- and off-campus, K-12 school partnerships, and lots more.
Most institutions develop their safety and emergency protocols to meet the needs of college students and adult visitors. How do kids fit in? This webinar will explore key questions:
- Who knows what youth programs are operating today on campus? Off campus? Who should know?
- Who has contact information for the kids’ parents or guardians?
- What if an outside group just rents campus facilities to run a private camp? Who handles emergency planning and response?
- Should a campus public safety officer interview a 5-year old about suspected child abuse or neglect?
- What are good practices for handling a lost child at graduation? A missing child at camp?
Webinar participants will learn vital issues they should raise at their own institutions and practical options for resolving them.
Download the list of resource materials for youth protection mentioned during the presentation.